Durable but not indestructible:
Quartz can be damaged when in contact with strong chemicals and solvents. Avoid products containing trichloroethane or methylene chloride including paint removers, car battery liquid, furniture strippers, oven cleaners, and products containing bleach. These products can cause permanent discoloration and damage to the surface. In the event, these agents come into contact with the surface, wipe immediately, rinse with water, and then clean with vinegar-based cleaner. Do not use 3M ScotchBrite® green scrub pads or similar products, as they can dull the surface. When trying a new cleaning product, it is recommended that you always try the cleaner first on a hidden place of the surface and follow the cleaner manufacturer’s instructions.
Quartz can be damaged by excessive heat which causes the polyester binder to contract, leaving the surface exposed to heat feeling rough to touch and/or discolored. Avoid possible problems by using a trivet between the countertop and any hot pan or heat source.
Quartz is scratch resistant but can be scratched by materials harder than the engineer’s stone. For example, the bottom of some
ceramic dishes may be abrasive enough to scratch your Click Countertop. Quartz can also be damaged by impact causing the material to chip or crack. Do not stand on or apply excessive force to Quartz stone.
Non-bleach, non-abrasive liquid household cleaners:
- Simple Green Lime-scale remover
- Formula 409 Glass and Surface Cleaner
- Vinegar cleaner (diluted)
- Bar Keepers Friend
- Greased Lightning