Calculating Sq.Ft. For Countertops
Material requirements for your kitchen or bathroom project are determined by square footage. To calculate square feet you must measure the depth and length of the area you wish to cover.
- Find the depth by running a tape measure from back to the front of your cabinets. (add 1.5 inches to the total to account for the overhanging edge if appropriate).
- After that, measure from end to end to find the length.
- Input those figures in this equation to find out how much material you need:
- [(Depth in inches + 1 ½ inches) x length in inches] ÷ 144 = Square Footage Needed
- Example (from above): (25.5 inches x 72 inches) ÷ 144 = 12.75 Square Feet